General Information for Grant Application 2013-2014
To enrich and maximize the quality of education in the White Oak ISD and Community through grants designed to provide funding for student, teacher, and school programs, projects, and initiatives that are not adequately supported by tax-based funding.
Persons Eligible to Apply for Grants:
Individuals or teams of individuals employed by White Oak Independent School District
that are involved in the instruction of students or related support services benefiting
Instructional approaches or projects must be designed to begin during the 2012-2013 school year. Grants may fund instructional and classroom materials, as well as equipment, technology, outside experts/consultants, if part of a well-planned project, and funds to expand the School/Community Library’s ability to meet the educational needs of the school and the community.
Note: There is one application for Grants to Teachers and another, Form II, for all other requests.
Materials and/or equipment typically acquired through the WOISD budget.
Award of Funds:
Grants up to $1,000 will be awarded to individual teacher initiated programs or projects. Grants of up to $5,000 will be awarded to campus teams, departments, and district initiated programs or projects. The number of awards will be dependent on funds available from the WO Education Foundation.
1. All Grant Applications will be accepted in the fall this year. If an additional need arises, the WOEF Board may vote to fund worthy causes.
2. All grants will be submitted online. The forms are available at woef.wonecks.net.
3. In addition, a hard copy signed by the campus principal and Michael Gras, if technology is included, must be mailed or delivered to
Grants 408 Forest White Oak, TX 75693
4. Deadline for grant submission is Friday October 10, 2014 at noon,
5. Grants will be awarded November 10-14, 2014.