What does the White Oak Education Foundation do?
The mission of the White Oak Education Foundation is to generate and distribute funds to support programs and initiatives that will enhance the quality of life and learning for the children and adults of the White Oak community. The WOED links community and alumni resources—time, money, services and expertise—with the needs of our school. The Foundation promotes the understanding that everyone in the community is responsible for creating a quality educational system.
What Will We Fund?
The Foundation supports student programs, projects and initiatives that are not adequately supported by tax-based funding. All support is given in cooperation with the school administration.
- Teacher Grants – provide funding for teachers to develop and create effective and innovative learning projects to enhance student instruction
- Enrichment Grants – assist White Oak ISD teachers/administrators to attend workshops, seminars or other professional growth opportunities
- School Site Grants – enable individual campuses to request funds that address a need unique to the respective campus
- Library Grants – assist in purchasing additional books and other resources in order to establish a
library to meet the educational needs of students as well as adults in the community
- Scholarships – provide assistance to worthy graduates for post-secondary education
How does the White Oak Education Foundation benefit students?
The Foundation funds teacher grants each year as they develop programs to enhance the learning opportunities of the students. Community Library Grants assist library personnel in purchasing additional books and other resources in order to establish a library to meet the educational needs of the students enrolled in WOISD. Enrichment Grants assist teacher/administrators to attend workshops, seminars or other professional growth opportunities. School Site Grants allow individual campuses in the District to request funds to address a need unique to the respective campus. Scholarships to Seniors each year provide help with college, university, or trade school fees.
How can I support the White Oak Education Foundation?
There are multiple investment options:
- General Donations cash, pledged donation, real estate or securities at any time.
- Such gifts may memorialize or honor family or friends.
- Planned giving—wills, trusts, life insurance and other options recommended by an estate planner.
- Endowment Fund—contributions may be designated for the endowment fund.
Please contact us for further information